The Open University is the UK’s largest academic institution. It would not be wrong to call it a world pioneer in distance learning and to date; it has helped more than two million students worldwide get degrees in their choice of discipline.
Every year thousands of students from various parts of the world enroll with The Open University. Each student coming here has a different aim and target in mind and they have their own story to tell on why they have chosen this university. Online learning has become a way of life and many students are living successful lives after getting their degrees from the Open University and enjoying great career prospects. According to experts of assignment writing services, online learning or distance learning is changing the way students learned and it is helping them discover their potential, gain independence and open doors of opportunities for them in every field.
Some Facts about The Open University – OU:
- The Open University (OU) can rightly be called a public research university and the largest university in the UK for undergraduate education
- The majority of the institute’s undergraduate students are based in the United Kingdom and principally study off-campus while many of its courses (both undergraduate and postgraduate) can also be studied anywhere in the world
- There are also several full-time postgraduate research students based on the 48-hectare university campus located in the scenic area of Walton Hall, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- OU offers facilities for research as well as space for more than 1,000 members of academic and research staff and over 2,500 administrative, operational, and support staff
- Established in 1969, OU has administration centers in other parts of the United Kingdom as well as a presence in other European countries that make it easy for distant learners to connect with the institute in times of need
- The university awards undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, as well as non-degree qualifications such as diplomas and certificates or continuing education units
- The variety of programs make it the most preferred choice of students looking forward to enhancing their education and get a degree that would help them seek the best jobs in their fields.
Statistics have shown that 34% of the new undergraduates are aged under 25 and a large majority of students enrolling in the university are overseas learners. It is the largest academic institution in the United Kingdom and one of the largest in Europe by student number and qualifies as one of the world’s largest universities which is no small thing.
In addition to this, it is one of the only two United Kingdom higher education institutions that have gained accreditation in the United States of America by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, an institutional accrediting agency, recognized by the United States Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. Students receiving their degree and training from Open University can look forward to getting a good job anywhere in the world and kick-start their career with the brightest of options.
Top Reasons to Enroll In the Open University:
There are so many reasons that make enrolling in the Open University the right choice especially in these times when there is so much uncertainty and doubts regarding the pandemic. Despite the vaccines, the danger is still not over and the risk factors are keeping the governments from easing lockdowns as the changing forms of the virus make it too unpredictable to handle it right. This has made online learning the right choice in these times as wasting time and waiting for things to go back to normal is might not be the wisest choice.
With some of the best distance learning programs at the Open University, students can continue with the learning process and ensure that they are ready to step out and enter the market when things get back to normal. Discussed here are some top reasons why enrolling in Open University might be the best choice right now:
Study Anywhere In The World:
The students are no longer forced to choose a university near their hometown or city because they will have problems accessing home or family in case of some emergency. The learning content is delivered online and they do not have to visit the university campus; they can stay at home and study from anywhere in the world.
Study When and How It’s Convenient:
As the majority of the study will be independent and flexible, the students can choose when and how they want to study, making it very convenient for them to learn and focus. Early birds can work in the mornings while the night owls can study during the evening or night and look forward to doing better in their courses. They can either work by studying for a few hours and taking breaks in the middle to keep themselves active or study for long hours without any interruption to focus better. Open University brings them a chance to learn when and how they want to.
Enjoy Academic As Well As Personal Life:
Open University gives students a chance to enjoy their academic as well as personal life without putting things on hold. They can fit in their education around their other responsibilities without giving up anything. This is especially very good for people who care for their families or children; they can continue to learn and get their degree while fulfilling their other responsibilities most efficiently. Even professionals can look forward to enhancing their education by enrolling in a degree program at Open University and get valuable work experience while working full time.
Time and Cost-Effective:
Open University offers students a chance to save time, money as well as their energies. Distance learning courses are cheaper than those at campuses which means fewer expenses and debts. At the same time, it means a lesser cost for traveling to and from university and all this extra time can be used for studying or doing so many other things.
Open University helps students to become better learners; they learn how to work independently, prioritize their workload and manage their academic routines the right way. With the best degree courses and programs that have been designed to aid students in their academic as well as professional careers, Open University provides students a chance to move forward and achieve their goals.